Orleans Community Health Medina Hospital is seeking a Per Diem experienced Respiratory Therapist to join our healthcare team located in Medina, New York.
Shift and Status
Per Diem, minimum of two shifts per month
The Respiratory Therapist provides treatment, care, and evaluation for patients with respiratory related concerns or insufficiencies in accordance with established policies, practices and standards. The RT performs patient assessment and delivers care per patient need and/or physician order including routine and intensive therapy and diagnostic procedures, including administering various types of medical gas delivery devices and responsible for medical gas cylinders. The Respiratory Therapist responds to emergency team calls and codes, is responsible for setting up, operating, and cleaning of respiratory therapy equipment, educates patients and family members and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Must be a credentialed RRT or CRTT.Completed AAS in Respiratory Therapy preferred.
Must have NBRC credential.
Must be licensed by NYS as a Respiratory Therapist.
BLS required ACLS and/or PALS recommended
Benefits and Perks
- We offer an outstanding team-oriented environment, challenging and rewarding careers, and valuable benefits to our employees.
- Be a part of an experienced team: We are a family-oriented facility with many of our employees with us for 10, 20, or more years!
- Work in a highly-respected organization that is committed to quality patient care!
- Flexible scheduling that works around your school schedule.
- Competitive wages, superior pension, and retirement plan with employer contributions.
- Shift differential for working evening and night shifts.
- Excellent vacation, holiday, and sick leave package.
- Tuition assistance to provide opportunities for career growth.
- Independent health insurance, dental, vision, and no-cost life insurance.
- Free parking, safe and quiet country setting in Medina along the historic Erie Canal!
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a difference in someone’s life every day
Orleans Community Health is comprised of Medina Memorial Hospital, (a designated Critical Access Hospital), Renal Dialysis Centers located in Medina and Batavia, NY, Primary and Walk-In Clinic in Albion, NY, a 30-bed Skilled Nursing Home, Outpatient, and Ambulatory Services, and Community Partners Wellness Center. We are always looking for positive, dependable, caring individuals to join our team!
To improve the health of the communities we serve by providing equal access to quality health care services at the right time, in the right place, with the most efficient use of resources.