Phlebotomist Lab Processor
Orleans Community Health Medina Memorial Hospital is seeking a Phlebotomist to work in our Hospital Laboratory, located in Medina, New York. If you are a people-person that works well in teams and loves to serve others, then we would love to talk with you!
Shift and Status
8am-8pm or 6am-6pm
Excellent compensation and benefits package.
Phlebotomist laboratory processor is ensuring superb patient care while obtaining patients specimens and attends to all tasks involved with the Laboratory. He/she inputs the necessary information for patient registration, answers and makes calls, takes messages, processes specimens, and assists the laboratory staff in clerical duties.
Candidate should have active certification with an accredited national Phlebotomy association.
Experienced in conducting venipuncture, including labeling vials correctly to match blood specimens obtained to correct patient. Also knowledgeable about different tests collection requirements.
Candidate should have experience in collecting non-blood specimens
Candidate should be experienced in receiving, preparing, processing and storing specimens for testing.
Candidate should be experienced in preparing specimens for transportation, allocating adequate specimen volumes and utilize proper labeling of specimens.
Candidate should be familiar with using Laboratory Information System (LIS) in order to document specimen processing, as well as document Laboratory reports in adequate patients file.
Candidate should have professional attitude, strong verbal communication and organizational skills as this role is vital in keeping nursing personnel informed on test status and expected Laboratory results.
Benefits and Perks
- We offer an outstanding team-oriented environment, challenging and rewarding careers, and valuable benefits to our employees.
- Be a part of an experienced team: We are a family-oriented facility with many of our employees with us for 10, 20, or more years!
- Work in a highly-respected organization that is committed to quality patient care!
- Flexible scheduling that works around your school schedule.
- Competitive wages, superior pension, and retirement plan with employer contributions.
- Shift differential for working evening and night shift.
- Excellent vacation, holiday, and sick leave package.
- Tuition assistance to provide opportunities for career growth.
- Independent health insurance, dental, vision, and no-cost life insurance.
- Free parking, safe and quiet country setting in Medina along the historic Erie Canal!
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a difference in someone’s life every day
Orleans Community Health is comprised of Medina Memorial Hospital, (a designated Critical Access Hospital), Renal Dialysis Centers located in Medina and Batavia, NY, Primary and Walk-In Clinic in Albion, NY, a 30-bed Skilled Nursing Home, Outpatient, and Ambulatory Services, and Community Partners Wellness Center. We are always looking for positive, dependable, caring individuals to join our team!
To improve the health of the communities we serve by providing equal access to quality health care services at the right time, in the right place, with the most efficient use of resources.