PCA – Patient Care Aide
Orleans Community Health Skilled Nursing Facility is seeking a Full-Time Patient Care Aide to join our Medical Surgical Unit at Medina Hospital, located in Medina New York.
Shift and Status
Full-Time, Part-Time, Per Diem
Day shift – 6 am-6 pm
Night shift – 6 pm-6 am
9% shift differential for night shift!
Medina, NY 14103
The Patient Care Aide plays a vital role in the patient care process and is responsible for assisting with the administration of direct patient care and related duties to provide the optimal level of care under the direction of the Professional Nurse. The primary role will include assisting the patient with ADLs, (activities of daily living).
High school graduate or GED diploma.
At least one year experience as a PCA, HHA, or CNA in a hospital, SNF, or ALF.
Basic Computer skills
Ability to meet hospital health requirements.
Ability to cooperate with others and to accurately follow directions and document care given.
Sense of initiative, responsibility, credibility, and a desire to be a member of the health care team, dedicated to providing optimal patient care.
Benefits and Perks
- We offer an outstanding team-oriented environment, challenging and rewarding careers, and valuable benefits to our employees.
- Be a part of an experienced team: We are a family-oriented facility with many of our employees with us for 10, 20, or more years!
- Work in a highly-respected organization that is committed to quality patient care!
- Flexible scheduling that works around your personal life.
- Competitive wages, superior pension, and retirement plan with employer contributions.
- Shift differential for working evening and night shifts.
- Excellent vacation, holiday, and sick leave package.
- Tuition assistance to provide opportunities for career growth.
- Independent health insurance, dental, vision, and no-cost life insurance.
- Free parking, safe and quiet country setting in Medina along the historic Erie Canal!
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a difference in someone’s life every day
Orleans Community Health is comprised of Medina Memorial Hospital, (a designated Critical Access Hospital), Renal Dialysis Centers located in Medina and Batavia, NY, Primary and Walk-In Clinic in Albion, NY, a 30-bed Skilled Nursing Home, Outpatient, and Ambulatory Services, and Community Partners Wellness Center. We are always looking for positive, dependable, caring individuals to join our team!
To improve the health of the communities we serve by providing equal access to quality health care services at the right time, in the right place, with the most efficient use of resources.