Patient Care Technician, Cardiac Clinic
Orleans Community Health is seeking a per diem Patient Care Technician, (PCT) to join our Cardiac Outpatient Clinic within Medina Hospital, located in Medina New York.
We offer competitive pay, a supportive and fun working environment and a chance to serve the public working alone side our Cardiologist and Cardiac Team.
Shift and Status
This is a per diem position, every Wednesday from 8am – 4pm.
No holidays or weekends.
Medina, NY 14103
The Cardiac Patient Care Technician is responsible for assisting with the administration of direct patient care and related duties including administrative skills such as scheduling and registering patients, EMR data entry, electrocardiograms (EKGs), vital signs monitoring and assisting with various procedures under the direct supervision of the Physician. The Cardiac PCT works with the adult and geriatric patient populations.
Shall be listed in the NYS RHCF Nurse Aide Registry (Chapter 717 of the Laws of 1989 Amends Public Health Law #2803-J), or 1 year experience giving personal care assistance to patients within the past 3 years, or actively enrolled in a LPN or RN educational program.
High school graduate or GED diploma.
CPR/BLS maintained annually and within one month of hire.
Knowledge of MS Office, typing and medical terminology preferable.
Benefits and Perks
- We offer an outstanding team-oriented environment, challenging and rewarding careers, and valuable benefits to our employees.
- Be a part of an experienced team: We are a family-oriented facility with many of our employees with us for 10, 20, or more years!
- Work in a highly-respected organization that is committed to quality patient care!
- Flexible scheduling that works around your school schedule.
- Competitive wages, superior pension, and retirement plan with employer contributions.
- Shift differential for working evening and night shifts.
- Excellent vacation, holiday, and sick leave package.
- Tuition assistance to provide opportunities for career growth.
- Independent health insurance, dental, vision, and no-cost life insurance.
- Free parking, safe and quiet country setting in Medina along the historic Erie Canal!
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a difference in someone’s life every day
Orleans Community Health is comprised of Medina Memorial Hospital, (a designated Critical Access Hospital), Renal Dialysis Centers located in Medina and Batavia, NY, Primary and Walk-In Clinic in Albion, NY, a 30-bed Skilled Nursing Home, Outpatient, and Ambulatory Services, and Community Partners Wellness Center. We are always looking for positive, dependable, caring individuals to join our team!
To improve the health of the communities we serve by providing equal access to quality health care services at the right time, in the right place, with the most efficient use of resources.