Patient Care Technician, Dialysis
Orleans Community Health is seeking a full time Patient Care Technician, (PCT) to join our Dialysis Clinic in Batavia, New York.
Shift and Status
Full Time and Part Time positions available.
Shifts are 5am-3pm, 5:30am-3:30pm or 6am-4pm
We offer competitive pay and benefits, retirement plans and a $$$$$ Twenty dollar per hour $$$$$ shift pick up incentive!
Batavia, NY 14020
As a Patient Care Technician (PCT) you will be an integral part of a cross-functional team providing care and delegated activities of treatment to patients. The PCT will work under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Charge Nurse (CN) for patients with renal failure.
Patient care. You will work directly with patients to provide safe, comfortable, and high-quality dialysis treatment. Responsibilities include gathering patient stats before and after treatment, initiating treatment, monitoring patients during treatment, terminating treatment, and collecting patient blood samples per physician orders.
Technician Duties. You will ensure quality comes first by preparing machines for hemodialysis treatments, cleaning and disinfecting machines after treatment, and conducting machine safety checks and logging results for quality control, ensuring all protocols and regulations are followed.
Safety and Quality. You will use appropriate safety measures, including personal protective equipment. Working under the supervision of a Charge Nurse, you will adhere to all company policies, procedures, and state/federal laws and regulations. You will participate in all required staff meetings and continuing education offerings.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of dialysis technical experience is desirable.
- CNA experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, preferred.
- Current CPR card.
- NYS certification
- Dialysis technicians must complete 30 hours of CEUs for each 3-year certification period to remain certified. Certified technicians must have 3000 hours of work experience as a Dialysis Technician to recertify.
Benefits and Perks
- We offer an outstanding team-oriented environment, challenging and rewarding careers, and valuable benefits to our employees.
- Be a part of an experienced team: We are a family-oriented facility with many of our employees with us for 10, 20, or more years!
- Work in a highly respected organization that is committed to quality patient care!
- Flexible scheduling that works around your school schedule.
- Competitive wages, superior pension, and retirement plan with employer contributions.
- Shift differential for working evening and night shift.
- Excellent vacation, holiday, and sick leave package.
- Tuition assistance to provide opportunities for career growth.
- Independent health insurance, dental, vision, and no-cost life insurance.
- Free parking, safe and quiet country setting in Medina along the historic Erie Canal!
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a difference in someone’s life every day!
Orleans Community Health is comprised of Medina Memorial Hospital, (a designated Critical Access Hospital), Renal Dialysis Centers located in Medina and Batavia, NY, Primary and Walk-In Clinic in Albion, NY, a 30-bed Skilled Nursing Home, Outpatient, and Ambulatory Services, and Community Partners Wellness Center. We are always looking for positive, dependable, caring individuals to join our team!
To improve the health of the communities we serve by providing equal access to quality health care services at the right time, in the right place, with the most efficient use of resources.