Patient Accounting Support Specialist
Orleans Community Health is in search of a compassionate and dependable Full Time Patient Accounting Support Specialist for our Business Office of Orleans Community Health, located in Medina, NY. Under the direction of the Director of Patient Accounts, the Patient Accounting Support Specialist will assist in the compliance monitoring and continuous improvement of the billing, coding, collection, adjustment posting, and auditing of the Patient Accounting Department. This position will also field calls and manage customer questions and payments. We are looking for a great communicator, someone that has a high attention to detail that can interact with patients, insurance companies and physician offices in a professional manner.
Shift and Status
Day Shift with a Flex Schedule!
No weekends or Holidays!
Excellent compensation and benefits package including a 403(b) and Pension Plan
Medina, NY 14103
Essential Job Requirements
High school diploma
Certificate from a Certified Medical Billing and/or Coding program preferred.
One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in medical billing, coding and healthcare financial management.
Ability to work with specialized account management software and hardware to ensure the quality of data submitted to secure proper payer reimbursement.
E-Clinical Works experience is highly preferred.
The Patient Accounting Support Specialist is responsible for processing and managing patient accounts for reimbursement. Primary responsibilities include billing claims to appropriate insurance carrier which includes the understanding of CPT, HCPCS, and Revenue Codes. Reviews and resolves claims with missing information accounts (unchecked). This position is also responsible for Accounts Receivable Aging of assigned accounts by ensuring accounts not aging past 90 days. In addition to Denial Management, and the reviewing of insurance vouchers to determine the resolution of denials.
Benefits and Perks
- We offer an outstanding team-oriented environment, challenging and rewarding careers, and valuable benefits to our employees.
- Be a part of an experienced team: We are a family-oriented facility with many of our employees with us for 10, 20, or more years!
- Work in a highly respected organization that is committed to quality patient care!
- Flexible scheduling that works around your school schedule.
- Competitive wages, superior pension, and retirement plan with employer contributions.
- Shift differential for working evening and night shifts.
- Excellent vacation, holiday, and sick leave package.
- Tuition assistance to provide opportunities for career growth.
- Independent health insurance, dental, vision, and no-cost life insurance.
- Free parking, safe and quiet country setting in Medina along the historic Erie Canal!
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a difference in someone’s life every day
Orleans Community Health is comprised of Medina Memorial Hospital, (a designated Critical Access Hospital), Renal Dialysis Centers located in Medina and Batavia, NY, Primary and Walk-In Clinic in Albion, NY, a 30-bed Skilled Nursing Home, Outpatient, and Ambulatory Services, and Community Partners Wellness Center. We are always looking for positive, dependable, caring individuals to join our team!
To improve the health of the communities we serve by providing equal access to quality health care services at the right time, in the right place, with the most efficient use of resources.