Nurse Manager – Emergency Services
Orleans Community Health Medina Memorial Hospital is seeking a Part Time Nurse Manager to serve as the leader of our 7-bed Critical Access Hospital Emergency Department. If you are an experienced RN with critical care experience and a willingness to serve and lead other healthcare professionals, then we’d love to talk with you!
Shift and Status
Part Time with a Flexible Schedule
Sign-On Bonus and Incentive Pay
Excellence Compensation and Benefits Package including a 403(b) and Pension Plan
Medina, NY 14103
A Registered Professional Nurse who is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating all patient care service activities within the Emergency Department and Respiratory Therapy on a 24-hour basis. He/she is responsible for meeting the Department of Health standards of practice in patient care. The Director of ED is responsible for developing and implementing organizational strategic initiatives at the unit level to facilitate strategic alignment and optimal patient care. Furthermore, this leadership role is responsible for development and implementation of policies and procedures and for keeping the CNO and ER Medical Director informed of both progress and potential problems.
The Nurse Manager must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing/BSN preferred and have a New York State licensure with verified current registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse. The Nurse Manager must have at least three (3) years nursing experience, during which potential administrative and supervisory competence has been demonstrated along with at least three (3) years of Emergency and/or Critical Care Nursing experience with demonstrated progressive leadership growth in role. CEN and/or CCRN preferred. ACLS, required TNCC preferred. PALS required.
Benefits and Perks
- We offer an outstanding team-oriented environment, challenging and rewarding careers, and valuable benefits to our employees.
- Be a part of an experienced team: We are a family-oriented facility with many of our employees with us for 10, 20, or more years!
- Work in a highly-respected organization that is committed to quality patient care!
- Flexible scheduling that works around your school schedule.
- Competitive wages, superior pension, and retirement plan with employer contributions.
- Shift differential for working evening and night shifts.
- Excellent vacation, holiday, and sick leave package.
- Tuition assistance to provide opportunities for career growth.
- Independent health insurance, dental, vision, and no-cost life insurance.
- Free parking, safe and quiet country setting in Medina along the historic Erie Canal!
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a difference in someone’s life every day.
Orleans Community Health is comprised of Medina Memorial Hospital, (a designated Critical Access Hospital), Renal Dialysis Centers located in Medina and Batavia, NY, Primary and Walk-In Clinic in Albion, NY, a 30-bed Skilled Nursing Home, Outpatient, and Ambulatory Services, and Community Partners Wellness Center. We are always looking for positive, dependable, caring individuals to join our team!
To improve the health of the communities we serve by providing equal access to quality health care services at the right time, in the right place, with the most efficient use of resources.