Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Orleans Community Health Medina Memorial Hospital is seeking a Part-Time Nuclear Medicine Technologist to work in our Radiology Department, located in Medina, New York.
Shift and Status
Part-Time, 7 AM – 3 PM
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist is responsible for the preparation, calibration, and administration of Radiopharmaceuticals (under the direction of the authorized user). The Nuclear Med Tech must have one or two years of clinical experience functioning as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist under the direction of an appropriate physician. New graduates with appropriate didactic and clinical training may be considered.
- Successful completion of didactic and clinical training in nuclear medicine technology. Direct patient contact hours will be obtained by training in an approved clinical setting
- Board Certification by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB)
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Nuclear Medicine Technology or a related area is desirable
- New York State licensed radiologic technologist with a current registration
- Current BLS
- Will call patients to schedule them when orders are faxed to the department
- Responsible for appropriate insurance authorizations and medical necessity for the various exams
Benefits and Perks
- We offer an outstanding team-oriented environment, challenging and rewarding careers, and valuable benefits to our employees
- Be a part of an experienced team: We are a family-oriented facility with many of our employees with us for 10, 20, or more years!
- Work in a highly-respected organization that is committed to quality patient care!
- Flexible scheduling that works around your school schedule
- Competitive wages, superior pension, and retirement plan with employer contributions
- Shift differential for working evening and night shifts
- Excellent vacation, holiday, and sick leave package
- Tuition assistance to provide opportunities for career growth
- Independent health insurance, dental, vision, and no-cost life insurance
- Free parking, safe and quiet country setting in Medina along the historic Erie Canal!
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a difference in someone’s life every day
Orleans Community Health is comprised of Medina Memorial Hospital, (a designated Critical Access Hospital), Renal Dialysis Centers located in Medina and Batavia, NY, Primary and Walk-In Clinic in Albion, NY, a 30-bed Skilled Nursing Home, Outpatient, and Ambulatory Services, and Community Partners Wellness Center. We are always looking for positive, dependable, caring individuals to join our team!
To improve the health of the communities we serve by providing equal access to quality health care services at the right time, in the right place, with the most efficient use of resources.