Orleans Community Health is in search of a compassionate and dependable Medical Technologist for Medina Memorial Hospital located in Medina, NY.
If you are a dependable, friendly person that enjoys helping others and working in a face-paced laboratory then we’d love to talk with you!
Shift and Status
Full Time or Part Time
Day shift or Night Shift
Sign-On Bonus with Excellent Compensation and Benefits Package!
Mileage and Travel Allowance for select locations!
Medina, NY 14103
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory tests accurately and efficiently following standard operating procedures. The Medical Technologist operates laboratory equipment while understanding the principles and the theory behind the method. The Medical Technologist perform precise specimen analysis and report results accurately, following established procedures; recognize deviation from expected results, analyze and correct problems using scientific principles; complete QC Action Logs, preventative maintenance logs and pending lists daily. The Med Tech is involved in training & development, by assisting with the training of new personnel on responsibilities in the laboratory; evaluate progress of training; make recommendations for training methods. The Med Tech continuously assesses work processes and makes suggestions for improved work methods and ways to increase efficiency, reduce costs and solve operational problems.
Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or a Science studies
A valid NYS License for Clinical Laboratory Technologist
At least 3 years of generalist experience
American Society for Clinical Pathology Medical Technologist (ASCP MT) certification preferred
Benefits and Perks
- We offer an outstanding team-oriented environment, challenging and rewarding careers, and valuable benefits to our employees.
- Be a part of an experienced team: We are a family-oriented facility with many of our employees with us for 10, 20, or more years!
- Work in a highly-respected organization that is committed to quality patient care!
- Flexible scheduling that works around your school schedule.
- Competitive wages, superior pension, and retirement plan with employer contributions.
- Shift differential for working evening and night shift.
- Excellent vacation, holiday, and sick leave package.
- Tuition assistance to provide opportunities for career growth.
- Independent health insurance, dental, vision, and no-cost life insurance.
- Free parking, safe and quiet country setting in Medina along the historic Erie Canal!
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a difference in someone’s life every day
Orleans Community Health is comprised of Medina Memorial Hospital, (a designated Critical Access Hospital), Renal Dialysis Centers located in Medina and Batavia, NY, Primary and Walk-In Clinic in Albion, NY, a 30-bed Skilled Nursing Home, Outpatient, and Ambulatory Services, and Community Partners Wellness Center. We are always looking for positive, dependable, caring individuals to join our team!
To improve the health of the communities we serve by providing equal access to quality health care services at the right time, in the right place, with the most efficient use of resources.