Orleans Community Health is seeking a Per Diem Maintenance Helper to join our Maintenance Department at Medina Hospital, located in Medina, NY.
Shift and Status
Per Diem (As Needed) 6A-2P
New Wages and incentive program! Earn up to $25/hr.
Competitive salary and benefits package including a 403(b) and employer-funded pension plan
Educational advancement programs available for a variety of maintenance related careers.
Medina, NY 14103
The Maintenance Helper will assist Maintenance Mechanic in PM’s (Preventative Maintenance) and repairs of hospital equipment to provide a safe environment for all patients, staff and visitors within the facilities as well as maintaining the physical plant and off-sites.
High School or Trade School Diploma. Mechanically inclined.
Current NYS Security Guard License or obtain a Security Guard License within ten (10) month period from the day of hire while working at the facility.
Ability to meet hospital health requirements.
Professional in attitude, conduct, and appearance.
Relates effectively with patients, their families, visitors, and other members of the health care team.
Works as a team member possession tact, discretion, diplomacy, and credibility
Demonstrates leadership and teaching abilities.
Able to work under pressure.
Benefits and Perks
- We offer an outstanding team-oriented environment, challenging and rewarding careers, and valuable benefits to our employees.
- Be a part of an experienced team: We are a family-oriented facility with many of our employees with us for 10, 20, or more years!
- Work in a highly-respected organization that is committed to quality patient care!
- Flexible scheduling that works around your school schedule.
- Competitive wages, superior pension, and retirement plan with employer contributions.
- Shift differential for working evening and night shift.
- Excellent vacation, holiday, and sick leave package.
- Tuition assistance to provide opportunities for career growth.
- Independent health insurance, dental, vision, and no-cost life insurance.
- Free parking, safe and quiet country setting in Medina along the historic Erie Canal!
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a difference in someone’s life every day
Orleans Community Health is comprised of Medina Memorial Hospital, (a designated Critical Access Hospital), Renal Dialysis Centers located in Medina and Batavia, NY, Primary and Walk-In Clinic in Albion, NY, a 30-bed Skilled Nursing Home, Outpatient, and Ambulatory Services, and Community Partners Wellness Center. We are always looking for positive, dependable, caring individuals to join our team!
To improve the health of the communities we serve by providing equal access to quality health care services at the right time, in the right place, with the most efficient use of resources.