Director of Nursing
Orleans Community Health Skilled Nursing Facility is seeking a Full-Time Director of Nursing to serve as the leader in our 30-bed SNF.
Shift and Status
Medina, NY 14103
A Registered Professional Nurse who is responsible for planning, organizing, and supervising the nursing care administered in a single unit to meet resident care needs on a 24-hour basis, and provide physicians with optimal service in a cost-effective manner.
The DON is responsible for creating an environment that builds and promotes clinical excellence in the organization through outstanding nursing practice and evidence-based quality initiatives that lead to positive patient outcomes and the establishment of a culture of patient safety. The DON position has broad organizational responsibility and accountability for programs, functions, and operations and is responsible for providing expert professional assistance to the SNF regarding nursing-related practices.
The DON must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing/BSN preferred and have a New York State licensure with verified current registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse. The DON must have at least three (3) years of nursing experience, during which potential administrative and supervisory competence has been demonstrated. MDS certification is preferred.
Benefits and Perks
- We offer an outstanding team-oriented environment, challenging and rewarding careers, and valuable benefits to our employees.
- Be a part of an experienced team: We are a family-oriented facility with many of our employees with us for 10, 20, or more years!
- Work in a highly-respected organization that is committed to quality patient care!
- Flexible scheduling that works around your school schedule.
- Competitive wages, superior pension, and retirement plan with employer contributions.
- Shift differential for working evening and night shifts.
- Excellent vacation, holiday, and sick leave package.
- Tuition assistance to provide opportunities for career growth.
- Independent health insurance, dental, vision, and no-cost life insurance.
- Free parking, safe and quiet country setting in Medina along the historic Erie Canal!
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a difference in someone’s life every day
Orleans Community Health is comprised of Medina Memorial Hospital, (a designated Critical Access Hospital), Renal Dialysis Centers located in Medina and Batavia, NY, Primary and Walk-In Clinic in Albion, NY, a 30-bed Skilled Nursing Home, Outpatient, and Ambulatory Services, and Community Partners Wellness Center. We are always looking for positive, dependable, caring individuals to join our team!
To improve the health of the communities we serve by providing equal access to quality health care services at the right time, in the right place, with the most efficient use of resources.