Director of Marketing, Communications and Outreach
Orleans Community Health is seeking a dynamic, growth-minded individual to lead and implement all aspects of marketing, outreach and communications to support the strategic objectives and mission of our growing organization. The ideal candidate will work in collaboration with multiple department heads, senior leadership and our Board of Directors to cultivate a tiered vision and plan that highlights and promotes the overall mission of OCH. If you are an outgoing person that loves to engage with community members then we’d love to talk with you!
Shift and Status
Full Time Days
Excellent compensation and benefit package
Medina, NY 14103
The Director of Community Outreach Development & Marketing performs the responsibilities of a Professional Health Educator and Corporate Marketer, which includes the planning of programs and events, the assessment of needs and the development of program components. The Director of Community Outreach & Marketing is responsible for developing and executing OCH’s marketing strategy, including but not limited to market research, competitor analysis, visual identity and asset management, marketing communications, website development and maintenance, branding and media relations for all of Orleans Community Health, creating and maintaining a robust social media presence, fostering and building community relations as well as internal communications, and budgeting and resource management.
Essential skills needed to excel at this position include
Possess excellent presentation skills with the ability to motivate others.
Is non-judgmental, with good listening and counseling skills.
Ability to make appropriate referrals and network effectively with others.
Grant writing experience.
Computer skills, website development and SEO experience.
Maintains professional conduct, appearance and attitude.
Demonstrates superior management and leadership abilities.
Ability to coordinate work of various health professionals (registered nurses, dietitians, department heads, etc.) in a team work management style.
Keen awareness and familiarity of Orleans County and the surrounding communities, their populations, demographics and unique characteristics.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Health Education or Marketing with Health Education Experience.
Experience working with various populations.
Benefits and Perks
- We offer an outstanding team-oriented environment, challenging and rewarding careers, and valuable benefits to our employees.
- Be a part of an experienced team: We are a family-oriented facility with many of our employees with us for 10, 20, or more years!
- Work in a highly-respected organization that is committed to quality patient care!
- Flexible scheduling that works around your school schedule.
- Competitive wages, superior pension, and retirement plan with employer contributions.
- Shift differential for working evening and night shifts.
- Excellent vacation, holiday, and sick leave package.
- Tuition assistance to provide opportunities for career growth.
- Independent health insurance, dental, vision, and no-cost life insurance.
- Free parking, safe and quiet country setting in Medina along the historic Erie Canal!
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a difference in someone’s life every day
Orleans Community Health is comprised of Medina Memorial Hospital, (a designated Critical Access Hospital), Renal Dialysis Centers located in Medina and Batavia, NY, Primary and Walk-In Clinic in Albion, NY, a 30-bed Skilled Nursing Home, Outpatient, and Ambulatory Services, and Community Partners Wellness Center. We are always looking for positive, dependable, caring individuals to join our team!
To improve the health of the communities we serve by providing equal access to quality health care services at the right time, in the right place, with the most efficient use of resources.