Patient Care Technician NEW RATES!!!!
Orleans Community Health is seeking a Full Time Patient Care Technician, (PCT) to join our Health Care Team of Heroes at our Albion Healthcare Clinic. If you are a dependable, friendly person that enjoys serving others then we’d love to talk with you!
Shift and Status
(4) 10-hour shifts per week and every other Saturday 8am-12pm, off every Sunday
8am – 6pm
Competitive pay and Benefits Package!
The Patient Care Technician is responsible for assisting with the administration of direct patient care and related duties including some technical skills such as electrocardiograms (EKGs) and phlebotomy, vital signs monitoring and assisting with various procedures under the direct supervision of the Provider. The PCT works with all patient populations such as pediatric, childbearing, adult and geriatric.
Certified Ambulatory Care Technician or equivalent ambulatory care experience
High school graduate or GED diploma.
Any other requirements of NYS Department of Health.
CPR/BLS maintained annually.
Responsible for taking patient history and obtain vital signs
Perform basic testing or screenings such as: vision, audio, urine drug screens, breath alcohol, EKGs, pulmonary function testing
Perform necessary phlebotomy for collection of laboratory samples
Accurately complete corresponding paperwork/computer work for lab tests ordered on blood, urine, tissue and culture samples
Perform point of care testing such as: strep, mono, glucose, influenza, Urine pregnancy, Urinalysis, blood glucose levels
Maintain confidentiality with all patient information (HIPAA)
Ensures equipment is in working order
Logs laboratory procedures when completed, processes related paperwork using computer equipment as directed
Maintains examination rooms and stocks necessary medical supplies
Performs duties to ensure good patient flow
Benefits and Perks
- We offer an outstanding team-oriented environment, challenging and rewarding careers, and valuable benefits to our employees.
- Be a part of an experienced team: We are a family-oriented facility with many of our employees with us for 10, 20, or more years!
- Work in a highly-respected organization that is committed to quality patient care!
- Flexible scheduling that works around your school schedule.
- Competitive wages, superior pension, and retirement plan with employer contributions.
- Shift differential for working evening and night shifts.
- Excellent vacation, holiday, and sick leave package.
- Tuition assistance to provide opportunities for career growth.
- Independent health insurance, dental, vision, and no-cost life insurance.
- Free parking, safe and quiet country setting in Medina along the historic Erie Canal!
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a difference in someone’s life every day.
Orleans Community Health is comprised of Medina Memorial Hospital, (a designated Critical Access Hospital), Renal Dialysis Centers located in Medina and Batavia, NY, Primary and Walk-In Clinic in Albion, NY, a 30-bed Skilled Nursing Home, Outpatient, and Ambulatory Services, and Community Partners Wellness Center. We are always looking for positive, dependable, caring individuals to join our team!
To improve the health of the communities we serve by providing equal access to quality health care services at the right time, in the right place, with the most efficient use of resources.