Clinical Social Worker
Orleans Community Health Medina Hospital is seeking a full-time Clinical Social Worker to join our health care team located at Medina Hospital.
Shift and Status
8 AM – 4 PM; Monday – Friday
Medina, NY 14103
The Medical Social Worker is a person who provides Social Work Services to patients and families in the Residential Health Care Facility, (nursing home) and in the Patient Care Unit, (acute care hospital). This position must be able to recognize the psychosocial needs of patients and their families, evaluate crisis situations and disabilities resulting from emotional, social, and economic stresses of illness, counsel patients and families to deal with the particular stresses affecting them, participate in hospital care planning and assist patients and families to understand, accept and follow medical and other professional recommendations to restore patients to optimum social and health adjustments; and arrange for specialized assistance from other sources within the hospital and from community resources for patients and families who need such assistance.
Licensed and registered by the New York State Education Department to practice as a licensed master social worker (LMSW) or licensed clinical social worker (LCSW), with the scope of practice defined in Article 154 of the Education Law.
Previous experience with counseling and case management in a nursing home or acute care setting.
Previous experience using EMRs and completing the MDS preferred.
Benefits and Perks
- We offer an outstanding team-oriented environment, challenging and rewarding careers, and valuable benefits to our employees.
- Be a part of an experienced team: We are a family-oriented facility with many of our employees with us for 10, 20, or more years!
- Work in a highly-respected organization that is committed to quality patient care!
- Flexible scheduling that works around your school schedule.
- Competitive wages, superior pension, and retirement plan with employer contributions.
- Shift differential for working evening and night shifts.
- Excellent vacation, holiday, and sick leave package.
- Tuition assistance to provide opportunities for career growth.
- Independent health insurance, dental, vision, and no-cost life insurance.
- Free parking, safe and quiet country setting in Medina along the historic Erie Canal!
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a difference in someone’s life every day
Orleans Community Health is comprised of Medina Memorial Hospital, (a designated Critical Access Hospital), Renal Dialysis Centers located in Medina and Batavia, NY, Primary and Walk-In Clinic in Albion, NY, a 30-bed Skilled Nursing Home, Outpatient, and Ambulatory Services, and Community Partners Wellness Center. We are always looking for positive, dependable, caring individuals to join our team!
To improve the health of the communities we serve by providing equal access to quality health care services at the right time, in the right place, with the most efficient use of resources.