Chief Nursing Officer
Orleans Community Health is seeking a Chief Nursing Officer to serve as a leader of the healthcare team in designing and shaping the preferred future of nursing and patient care services.
Shift and Status
Medina, NY 14103
The Chief Nursing Officer is responsible for creating an environment that builds and promotes clinical excellence in the organization through outstanding nursing practice and evidence-based quality initiatives that lead to positive patient outcomes and the establishment of a culture of patient safety. The CNO position has broad organizational responsibility and accountability for programs, functions, and operations. This position assists the Chief Executive Officer, the Board of Directors, and other senior leaders in the development, formulation, and implementation of hospital strategic plans. The CNO is responsible for providing expert professional assistance to hospital leadership regarding nursing-related practice throughout the organization.
The CNO must have a BSN from an accredited school and a New York State licensure with verified current registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse. A Master of Science in Health or Management is preferred. The CNO must have at least seven years of clinical nursing experience, five of which are in administrative capacities attaining an Assistant Director/Director of Nursing level.
This position comes with an excellent compensation and benefits package.
Benefits and Perks
- We offer an outstanding team-oriented environment, challenging and rewarding careers, and valuable benefits to our employees.
- Be a part of an experienced team: We are a family-oriented facility with many of our employees with us for 10, 20, or more years!
- Work in a highly-respected organization that is committed to quality patient care!
- Flexible scheduling that works around your school schedule.
- Competitive wages, superior pension, and retirement plan with employer contributions.
- Shift differential for working evening and night shifts.
- Excellent vacation, holiday, and sick leave package.
- Tuition assistance to provide opportunities for career growth.
- Independent health insurance, dental, vision, and no-cost life insurance.
- Free parking, safe and quiet country setting in Medina along the historic Erie Canal!
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a difference in someone’s life every day
Orleans Community Health is comprised of Medina Memorial Hospital, (a designated Critical Access Hospital), Renal Dialysis Centers, Primary and Walk-In Clinic in Albion, NY, a 30-bed Skilled Nursing Home, Outpatient, and Ambulatory Services, and Community Partners Wellness Center. We are always looking for positive, dependable, caring individuals to join our team!
To improve the health of the communities we serve by providing equal access to quality health care services at the right time, in the right place, with the most efficient use of resources.