Charge Nurse – Med/Surg Tele Unit
Orleans Community Health Skilled Nursing Facility is seeking a Full Time Charge Nurse, RN, to work Monday – Friday in our 25-bed Med/Surg Telemetry Unit.
Shift and Status
No holidays or weekends!
Excellent compensation and benefits package including paid vacation, sick time and retirement plans.
Medina, NY 14103
The Charge Nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse responsible for the direct and indirect nursing care administered to the Medical/Surgical unit during a designated period of time. The Charge Nurse works directly under the Nurse Manager, overseeing and supervising the day to day activity of our 25-bed Critical Access Hospital. Essential functions include supervising the nursing care administered in the unit, managing care plans, admissions and discharges, staff scheduling, staff education, interviewing, training and performance management including disciplinary actions, as well as performance improvement projects, A/I investigating, and preparing for the Department of Health survey. This position ensures that quality nursing care is rendered to all patients in accordance with the New York Nurse Practice Act, the Hospital and nursing standards.
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
New York State licensure with current registration.
Previous change nurse and/or nursing supervisory experience required.
Previous emergency and/or trauma experience preferred.
Benefits and Perks
- We offer an outstanding team-oriented environment, challenging and rewarding careers, and valuable benefits to our employees.
- Be a part of an experienced team: We are a family-oriented facility with many of our employees with us for 10, 20, or more years!
- Work in a highly-respected organization that is committed to quality patient care!
- Flexible scheduling that works around your school schedule.
- Competitive wages, superior pension, and retirement plan with employer contributions.
- Shift differential for working evening and night shifts.
- Excellent vacation, holiday, and sick leave package.
- Tuition assistance to provide opportunities for career growth.
- Independent health insurance, dental, vision, and no-cost life insurance.
- Free parking, safe and quiet country setting in Medina along the historic Erie Canal!
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a difference in someone’s life every day
Orleans Community Health is comprised of Medina Memorial Hospital, (a designated Critical Access Hospital), Renal Dialysis Centers located in Medina and Batavia, NY, Primary and Walk-In Clinic in Albion, NY, a 30-bed Skilled Nursing Home, Outpatient, and Ambulatory Services, and Community Partners Wellness Center. We are always looking for positive, dependable, caring individuals to join our team!
To improve the health of the communities we serve by providing equal access to quality health care services at the right time, in the right place, with the most efficient use of resources.