We’re pairing the lovely residents at Orleans Community Health with caring individuals in the community who want to help combat loneliness.
Would you like to get involved?
ABOUT ‘ADOPT A GRANDPARENT’
We launched our ‘Adopt a Grandparent’ program to bring a sense of comfort to young people and the elderly who may not have grandparents/grandchildren of their own, with the aim of creating long-lasting intergenerational friendships.
All you need to do is fill in the form below and one of our team will be in touch to pair you with your new ‘Grandma’ or ‘Grandpa’.
- After that, these are some of the ways in which you can help:
- Having phone calls/video calls with your new friend
- Sending cheerful pictures/stories/poems (post or email) for them to enjoy
- Sharing stories from different generations
- Sending letters/postcards to your new friend, much like a penpal!
If you’d like to ‘Adopt a Grandparent’ with Orleans Community Health, please fill out and submit the form below, and we’ll be in touch with the next steps.