Medina Memorial Hospital, in Medina, NY, had its beginnings in 1908, when it was incorporated by a group of citizens who were interested in establishing a publicly-owned hospital. It began serving the community’s health needs with a 9-bed hospital in the Albert Swett Home – at the corner of Eagle and Prospect Streets – in Medina. Since moving to the current location, many renovations and expansions have taken place in the last century.
Today, Orleans Community Health is a full-service community health provider serving residents in Orleans, Eastern Niagara, and Northern Genesee counties. Orleans Community Health is the only full-service, acute care system in Orleans County.
Orleans Community Health is comprised of Medina Memorial Hospital, a designated Critical Access Hospital, Renal Dialysis Centers located in Medina and Batavia, NY, Primary and Walk-In Clinic in Albion, NY, a 30 bed Skilled Nursing Home, Outpatient and Ambulatory Services, and a variety of valuable healthcare services.
Mission, Vision & Values
Orleans Community Health exists to improve the health of the communities we serve by providing equal access to quality health care services at the right time, in the right place, with the most efficient use of resources.
We will build lasting relationships with the people we serve and become the health care provider of choice for our communities.
- Accountability: We assume full responsibility for our thoughts, feelings, actions, and results.
- Compassion: We are understanding of others’ feelings, anticipate their needs, and respond with empathy.
- Collaboration: We work together by sharing knowledge, learning, and building a consensus in an effort to reach common goals.
- Community: We demonstrate our commitment to the community by offering quality health care and wellness resources, supporting local vendors, and providing rewarding employment opportunities.
- Excellence: We proactively pursue the resources necessary to stay on the cutting edge of industry trends and consistently delivering exceptional services to all of our stakeholders.